Tuesday, October 20, 2009

30 Day Shred challenge and The Invasion

One: If you read Indie HomeEc, go there now. If not, your loss. Yay!

Two: I am going to do something really stupid for 30 days. Can you guess what it is? Yes?! You are bright people. I am going to kill myself by working out to 30 Day Shred for 30 days. I started tonight. Here are the basics:
  • I will do 30 Day Shred for 30 days. Those will not be consecutive days; I have a baby, people. But as close to consecutive as possible. Fridays are optional. It's my freaking night off. My. Only. One.
  • I am starting at level 1, with no weights. We will see about weights after I talk to the physical therapist tomorrow. I am trying to get healthier, not cause myself more pain. However, if it's OK's, I will start using weights. I'll see how much they weigh once we get there. (Can't remember, too lazy to get up after working out.)
  • I will move up levels, etc, once I can do level 1 with weights and without feeling like I am going to die. This leads to...
  • I need to get my inhaler back. That exercise induced asthma sucks ass. Doctor was supposed to write me a script for one last time I was in, but forgot. Not sure how to proceed on that one. Dammit.
  • I am not changing my eating habits one damn bit. Fuck you, Jillian Anderson and your skinny ass. Wait! I actually love you! But I am still going to eat what I want when I want. Let's see you make me lose weight on those terms, eh lady?
  • By this time tomorrow all you will hear from me is "ow ow ow ow ow ow."
  • I'm going to list my stats here for all to see and lament. I mean, you will feel better about yourselves! Because my stats are sad. But! If they are public, then I will be more motivated to continue. *sigh*
  • I loves me some bulleted lists!
Stats, Day One:
  • Weight: 176.5
  • Bust: 43"
  • Waist: Check back next time. Too lazy to find tape measure.
  • Hips: 43" ish. *See previous line.
  • Feeling about myself naked in the mirror: Wah + 2 kids + oh dear god, this is sad.
Revealing look, isn't it?

Finally, THE INVASION...

Every year we get hit with what those of us 'round these parts affectionately refer to as "The Ladybug Invasion." It is also known as "Those Fucking Ladybugs" and "That Time of Year When It's Fun To Watch People Walk Outside Because Of The Dancing and Spitting." Thousands of ladybugs fly past our area this time of year, for some unknown reason. I've never seen anything like it. They get into your house every time you open your door, and even when you don't. They are everywhere. It's as cool as it is awful. Today I took the kids outside and spent a fair amount of time rescuing ladybugs from a cruel squishing fate, brushing them off myself and the baby, and getting them out of hair. It was 72 outside, though, so we needed to be out. There are maybe 10 days like this left this year, then we are stuck inside and miserable. Bugs or no bugs, we were going to get some fresh air and sunshine. I'll let you know if any other cool invasion stuff happens.

Right now, however, I'm going to go upstairs and go to sleep. John's stuck on a long, stupid assignment for a three credit class and is pretty severely pissed off that he's already been working on this thing for 1.5 hours and it is less than half finished. For a stupid 3 credit class. He hates them with a Golem-level hate. Poor guy. The 3 credit classes are always the ones that have the most assignments, and the most time consuming busy work. I, however, need my sleep. So I'm going to kiss the dude and call it a night. I have shredding to do tomorrow, and lots of "ows" to get ready for!

No comments: