Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Shredded

You can file this under "it figures:"

I went to physical therapy tonight and was given a thorough once-over. I was put in traction for a little bit after some ultra-sound therapy and a deep heating treatment. I was advised not to "bounce, jump, use weights or arm motions up or in front of my body." That pretty much kills 30 Day Shred for right now, eh? With any luck this should only last a week or two, and then I'll be back on track. But still, dammit. I was psyched, I was ready, I was committed. So instead of busting my ass with Jillian tonight, I walked away my pounds with Leslie. I've been hanging out with Leslie on and off for about six years now, and I can repeat the workout with her. I despise it. It's better than nothing, though. Annoying, but beats a brick to the head. I'm hoping my PT works very quickly.

This can be filed under "unexpected:"

John has decided to take a break from classes next quarter, which means I'll be taking my photo class with no problem. He's stressed, tired and needs a break apparently. I'm worried that he'll just quit school, but I also agree that his class load is too much this quarter, and that he is tiredm, stressed and needs a break. Adding to the stress is the fact that almost all the classes are online and our computer really wants to shit the bed right now. It's running terribly slow, it runs its fan all the damn time, and you can hear it wheezing in its old age every time John tries to load his GIS stuff. He just walked by and told me that he is "so OK with this!" so I guess he's looking forward to some time off.

Not to be filed:

My poor, old cat is wheezing. She has asthma (apparently) and the thing I use to give her her medicine is broken. I have not been able to make it to the vet this week to get her stuff made into a liquid with a new dispenser, so she sounds horrible. This cat is somewhere around 15 or so, is my cat and loves me. She really loves me. She picked me, sleeps on me, follows me around and talks to me. Therefore I feel very guilty that she is so wheezy, since I am her person and responsible for her. Tomorrow I WILL make it to the vet and get her steroids. The wheeze will stop and my kitty will feel better. Poor kitty!

And for those of you who have read this far: B rolled over today! W00t!!

3 comments:

HollyLynne said...

Ugh, that SUCKS about the shred! Glad you've found an alternative though. It has to be said, when I did the shred 2-3 days in a row I'd get knee and hip pain. It is pretty high impact. I've been stuck with preggo yoga videos lately which I actually feel are a good workout but are KIND OF FUNNY. Especially when your husband tries to do them with you (he's all "What? I'm connecting with my baby.")

Hooray for baby B and her bad ass rolling over self!

Domesticrazy said...

Does your yoga DVD have a kegel part? Because mine did, and watching him try to do those would be priceless!

Thanks for the heads up about the knee and hip pain; my knees already grind. (It is the most horrible sound I've ever heard my body make..) I'll make sure I switch it up once I'm allowed to work out again!

lin741852 said...

sac burberry
sac chanel
sac chloe
sac dior
chaussures nike
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
chaussures puma
sac a main
tee shirts
dolce gabbana tasche
ed hardy tasche
fendi tasche
sac juicy
sac guess 2012 soldes
sac guess pas cher
tee shirts prada
tee shirts louis vuitton
tee shirts polo
polo bolsas
prada bolsas
versace bolsas