Wednesday, November 25, 2009

From articulate to "NO!" in less than 24 hours

Yeah, that post in drafts? Still there. My free time is somewhere in Amsterdam right now having a swell time without me. But! I do have things to share.

Yesterday was my very first parent teacher conference! I say "my" because John couldn't make it. It's the end of the month during the busiest month of the year for title insurance, and he just couldn't skip out. So I went to face the music solo. I was excited, but also nervous. What if she was mean? Or picked on? Or pushy? Or a pushover? So much to worry about, and she's only four!

It turns out that I had very little to worry about. She is the most articulate student her teacher has ever had (what?) and she is a model for including others. Yay! She does cry or hover over people when they have something she wants, but that is apparently getting better. 99.5% great, and I will take it.

Then today happened. My girl has managed to wear herself out, and spent today yelling "NO!" and "I don't WANT TO!" and the like. She took a nap. I was ready to sit on her to get her to sleep, but she did it herself. That's saying a lot for a girl who detests sleep. She's a much pleasanter little munchkin right now.

B is rocking right now, too. She's 18.5 pounds, 26 inches long, teething like a bear and cute as a button! She's slowly starting to grow hair, which is coming in reddish, so she might be a red head like her sister. We're still not sleeping through the night, but that's OK.

I wish I could write more, but my attention is being demanded. I hope you have a great Tofurkey Day, and Holly Lynn, you enjoy those eats. They will never taste better!

No comments: